Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Three Rs of Living Green









Reduce, reuse, recycle.  Here are two versions of what I did with some glass bottles I had finished the contents of.  I turned them into window vases by hanging them from clear fishing line and suction cup hooks.  On the top one, I have strung some beads I already had, and added some pretty copper wire that I had as well from another project.  The one on the bottom, well I don’t know if you all have accumulated beautiful handmade doilies like we have, but they have been made with love and patience and each one is unique, so why not put them to use?  Get them out from your drawers and show them off.  I have simply gathered a doily around a glass vessel, secured the top with fishing line and hung it from a suction cup hook.  Just fill with water and fresh flowers when you have some or silk flowers, and it looks just lovely hanging in your window.

1 comment: